Learn how to secure your CompetencyCore account by scanning a QR code with an authenticator app to log in
Two-factor authentication secures your account with a second login step. After entering your username and password, you'll be prompted to enter a code generated by an app on your phone. This means that even if someone else knows your password, they won't be able to access your account. Each code has a one-time use and a new code is generated every thirty seconds.
- Download the Google or Microsoft authenticator app on your phone:
- Log in to CompetencyCore.
- Click your profile picture on the top right of your screen and select Account.
- Click the Two-factor authentication link.
- Open the authenticator app on your phone and choose to add a new account.
- Use your phone to scan the QR code on the screen and click Submit.
- When you log in to CompetencyCore, enter the code provided by the app and click Submit.